1. 85% of the worlds maple syrup is made in
2. Maple syrup is
3. Maple syrup is a woodland crop, non-fertilized, non-cultivated and made mostly by the burning of wood, a carbon neutral renewable fuel.
4. Maple syrup is one of very few agricultural crops that can be called entirely North American.
5. Maple trees are around 40-50 years old before they are tapped.
6.The Algonquin Indians called maple sugar Sinzibuckwud.
7. The Canadian flag bares the leaf of a sugar maple tree.
8. It takes 40 liters of sap from the maple tree to make one liter of pure maple syrup.
9. A barrel of pure maple syrup is worth 30 times more than a barrel of crude oil.