Dine & Stay Home - let's do this!
Get onboard, Dine & Stay Home!
We're proud Taste of Nova Scotia Partners and champion of this great initiative right now! Add our Acadian Maple or Authentic Seacoast Spirits, Full Steam Coffee and more as a perfect pairing for your Diner & Stay Home date night!
SHOP ONLINE and we'll deliver to your door, or drop by our Retail Shop for take-away Wed. to Sun 11am - 5pm (subject to change).
On Thursday, April 2, Taste of Nova Scotia will be joining partners across the province in launching a collaborative social media initiative called Dine & Stay Home.
The new initiative aims to help generate more momentum and awareness for local food and beverage businesses by encouraging those who are able, to support their favourite local eateries, safely and while practicing social distancing.
Over the next few weeks, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@TasteofNS) as we continue to share updates from Taste of Nova Scotia restaurants around the province who are offering take-out and delivery options. We’ll also be sharing updates from local beverage alcohol businesses as well as how details on purchasing your favourite Taste member products.
- If you’re able and comfortable, order take-out or delivery from your favourite Taste member restaurant.
- Share a photo of your food, then tag the restaurant using the hashtags #dineandstayhome, #supportlocaleats, #tasteofns and #getyourhandsonlocal to encourage others to join in.
- Tag @tasteofns and @dinearoundhfx in your posts so we can easily share your content.
You can also show your support by:
- Following and liking your favourite local restaurants and businesses (those open and closed!) on social media. Sign up for their e-newsletters!
- Sharing their social media content and information with your friends and family.
- Leaving a positive message on social media or a positive review online to support them when things are up and running again.
- Discover Halifax has also created images to use on your own social channels to show your support for the local food & beverage industry. You can find those photos here.
COVID-19 is having a significant impact on the tourism and hospitality industry, including food and beverage establishments that have been forced to temporarily close or lay-off workers. The restaurants that have been able to stay open are working tirelessly to adapt to the changes and safely provide take-out, delivery and meals-to-go. More than ever, it’s crucial to support the local restaurants and businesses in our communities.
The following is a list of Taste member restaurants across the province that are currently providing take-out and delivery options.
- Bistro 22
- Kitchen Door
- Morris East Restaurant
- Boulangerie La Vendéenne
- Lane’s Privateer Inn
- Rebecca’s Restaurant
- Rhubarb Restaurant
- Founders House Dining & Drinks
- Peasant’s Pantry
- The Biscuit Eater Cafe and Bookstore
- The Church Brewing Co
- Crystany’s Brasserie – Friday & Saturday’s only.
- Just Us! Coffee – Grand Pre location
- Paddys Brewpub & Rosies Restaurant
- Gabrieau’s Bistro
- Rose & Rooster Cafe
- Obladee, A Wine Bar
- Mateus Bistro
For updates on your favourite beverage producers make sure to follow @TasteofNS and the Nova Scotia @GoodCheerTrail.
- Acadian Shipping